Recycled Kids Craft: Magic Wands


It is MAGIC!


Take an empty Smencil tube. Remove plastic sleeve. Uncap.


Fill it with beads, ribbons, glitter, sequins, feathers, pebbles... Add a small blob of glue and recap.

You may notice, Em added a ton of glue to her tube. If you go this route, remember it may take forever to dry. Hers is sitting uncapped on the counter drying...


Tadaa! Magic!


Finish with stickers on the outside and a ribbon if you like.

Have fun crafting with your kids! Mama King

5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

What a cute idea!

And, what do you think of Smencils?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! This is my first time stopping by your blog and I love it! I'm a home schooling mom. I have 5 kids but down to 3 at home; my youngest is 8 and is adopted from South Korea. We are getting ready to celebrate Chuseok and her Welcome Home Day is at the end of the month. Happy to "meet" others that appreciate adoption and Korea. thank you!

Marie
www.asplashofgrace.wordpress.com

Abbie said...

ha ha! that is what you do with all those smencil tubes!! Fantastic! So cool. Hope you are well!

Mama King said...

MaryAnne, Hi! I was not sure if I had an opinion about smencils. After some thought, I think I like them. They are a bit pricey but make a nice gift, the girls love them, they are recycled, they are an art material, and finally, they don't have any princesses on them.

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

you just may be the queen of recycled art slash kid cafts. it is always a joy to read your blog.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs