Valentine Paper Heart

Pin It




If you can make a paper heart out of a strip of paper then you can make this heart wreath. I know I saw this idea some where...probably Martha Stewart. Here is my version.

Construction Paper cut into 1" or wider strips
glue
paper clips or clothes pins
small hole punch or awl & string to hang it

Leave a comment if you don't understand. I'll try to clarify for you. Now I skipped most these steps after the first few hearts. Once you get the hang of it you can just go ahead and fold, glue attach & clip as you build your chain.

Fold strip in half / glue outsides together

run a glue line across each edge / pinch top to base of heart and paper clip together until dry

Glue the base of each heart into the top of the next heart / paper clip / make 2 equal length chains.

Glue together at base / paper clip. Glue together at top to form heart. Glue one final heart to top / paper clip. Punch hanging holes in outer hearts ( I punched them in the top white hearts.) String floss or ribbon to desired length & hang.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Kim,
I love this craft idea... I'm going to try it with the boys although I know it will start out with all of us doing it and then slowly it'll just be me... I'll send you a picture of it when it's done.

I love your craft blog... it's awesome idea to share!

Give hugs and kisses to the girls,
Leah

Anonymous said...

I found you via Crafty Crow, and this craft is very, very pretty. Thank you for sharing!

Jessica said...

This is cute! The kids and I will be making one, thank you for the pictures. (surfed in from crafty crow)

jennwa said...

That is beautiful!!!!! Love it.

sara said...

I LOVE this paper heart! Adorable!

Regina Schultz said...

I loved this idea.
Thanks for sharing

Regina Schultz said...

I loved this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Heather said...

This is so cute! My 4-year-old and I are going to make this one of our crafts on Valentine's Day. Thanks for sharing!! ;-)

Free Spirit said...

this is beautiful... am going to try this for valentines day party.. thanks a bunch..and keep up the good work

WhiteRacoon said...

Very cute! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs