Foil Mermaid Book Mark


A good friend made a beautiful mermaid bookmark for Lu. She absolutely loved it!!! 
She then told us how she made it so we could make one. It was very easy and a great activity for children 4 years and older. 

Glue a piece of aluminum foil to a heavy piece of paper. 
Give child a permanent marker (so ink wont smear) and have them draw their picture. 
Give them a dull fork (Lu used one of our baby forks) and have them "draw" on the foil. 
Cut out drawing. 
Glue to another piece of heavy paper. 
Add sparkles, tissue, sequins... 
Cover with a piece of contact paper. 
Cut out leaving an edge to seal all the glitter and sequins in!

Lu gave this one to me. I smile every night when I open my book and see it smiling back at me!
Afterward I thought it would be cute if we had put a photo of Lu's face as the mermaids face.Next time...

Remember to always date your children's special art pieces and label them if you have more than one child. I will always want to remember Lu was 4 and a half when she made this for me!

11 comments:

Kristine said...

That is cute. I was surprised how well the pen showed up on the alfoil.

♥ meninheira ♥ said...

Ohhhhhhhh so sweet, I love it :)

Amy said...

that is just so cute.. I am having my Round Robin 2/12 Friday if you want to link up any of your Valentine's stuff.. Have a great day.

HalfDozen said...

How sweet, Thanks for sharing

Kristin said...

Thanks for sharing this. I never thought of gluing foil to paper, but I know my boys will love working with it! I'm thinking rockets and robots will be made around here...

Unknown said...

love the mermaid
was it easy?
what is the round robin you friend was talking about sounds fun??

Unknown said...

i love it the mermaid that is_ was it hard to make? What was your friend talking about with the round robin ????

Mama King said...

@prekwhisperer - it was very easy because you let you child draw what they want. So there is no right or wrong way! Hope you try it!

Re: Amy's Round Robin
I believe she hosts it once a month. Link up a project to her site. Easy to do! You can click on her comment to be directed to her blog.

Ticia said...

goodness me is that ever cute. I want one.

Elise said...

What an adorable idea.

jen at paintcutpaste.com said...

a cute mermaid that i may have to try out with my little one. we're invited to a mermaid bday party soon... i love your blog! today i gave you the "beautiful blogger award" on my blog today. check it out at http://paintcutpaste.com - and thank you for making the world a more creative place!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs