Easy Book Making for Kids

 

Here is my inspiration. Aren't they cute!
These little play books were included with some toy Calico Critters that Lu got. She was just as smitten with the miniature books as she was with the Critters. The books were a piece of accordion folded paper and a sticker cover that held the book together. So simple!

While Lu was at school I made her a few to decorate when she got home. You could easily decorate and then assemble. It is up to you. I kept the books small but big enough for her to write a letter or draw a picture on each page.


Supplies: Paper, scissors or paper trimmer, and sticker paper (the above is Staple brand)
Optional supplies: Markers, Stickers, Glue (in case you don't have sticker paper) and ribbon (to create a tie)

  

Trim paper & fold.
An easy way to do this is to fold the strip in half and then fold one of the halves in half and so on. You want to make sure you end up with either end page facing out.

  

This book is 2" x 3" 

  

Cut sticker paper to size of book and fold.

  

Option: lay a ribbon across sticker paper and then place book on sticker paper. Do one side at a time and make sure it is lined up. If you are not great at this, try making sticker paper bigger than pages and then trim once attached. 

They are so easy to make! You can use pretty scrap booking paper if you want to get fancy.
I have a feeling Lu will be "writing" a ton of books for her dolls and stuffed animals in the near future. Good thing because I think we are going to get more snow here on the East Coast. 





9 comments:

Katie said...

Awesome! I love it, all little kids like tiny treasures. Looks easy to do too.

Bridget McKenna said...

I think your ideas are great. And so clearly explained. I would really like you to check out and follow my blog http://funkoliciouscreations.blogspot.com/. Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Funkolicious Creations

Philippa said...

To Cute! so simple but a brilliant idea thanks for sharing :)

Ticia said...

That is so awesome! If my daughter doesn't love this, I would love it!

Kristine said...

These look cute. I hope you'll share some completed books. It's strange I've been thinking about making books with Rainbow all week.

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

This is awesome!! Very very cute!

Let the Children Play said...

Thanks for the inspiration: I know some little girls I teach will love to make and draw in these so I look forward to trying them out with them.

Beth- the mama bee said...

looks fun! we're on it!

Kimberly Farmer said...

How ridiculously simple! We are always making some type of book, and this is definitely something we'll be doing! Thanks for sharing!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs