Kids Craft: Paper Flower Garland

Flower Garland: the perfect accessory for all woodland fairies!
Flowers can be replaced with leaf shapes or just about any motif (stars and moons...maybe.) 


Cut out flowers. I used a flower punch.

 

 Paint (we used water colors), let dry, add glue & glitter and let dry again. You can also let child paint a piece of paper, let dry and then punch out flowers shapes. Although, I think Lu enjoyed painting the flowers. There was something novel about it.


Cut a 1" x 11" strip of card stock. Punch a hole at each end. String a piece of ribbon or yarn through each hole. Tie knot. We painted ours green. Cover liberally with glue. Have child place flowers down. Overlap and add more glue where needed. Let dry.

 

The flash blew out this photo too much so I had Em model the garland (top photo) while Lu was in school.

Have fun crafting with your kids.  

14 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Very pretty =)

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

So pretty!! I love it -- my little girls would too : )

Philippa said...

I think Neevah would enjoy to making a flower garland! thank you for sharing :)

Katie said...

Very pretty and making me want it to spring even more!

Kristine said...

The choice of watercolours look beautiful.

***Sharon*** said...

The garland is gorgeous...but your girls....a million times so!

Amanda said...

Awww so cute!!

Morgan said...

Those are very pretty!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is so pretty! I love the the watercolors. Thanks so much for this, I'll be linking.

Anonymous said...

love those!

Ticia said...

Oh my is that ever adorable! Now if only I can convince Princess to wear it. Maybe if I say Batman does....

Playing by the book said...

I came to you via Bilbified - and am glad Kristine flagged you up - I love this garland, and have enjoyed the other blog posts I've already read. Off to read some more from you now!

Elise said...

Gorgeous, my little girl would love to make and wear this garland.

Liyana s said...

very creative!
ur girls are soooo adorable!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs