Spring Flower Collages


Turn those flower catalogs that are arriving right about now into beautiful Spring collages.
Just cut out lots of flowers. Crop in close to the bloom. 
I do it while watching TV or talking on the phone. It doesn't take long to compile a stack.


Glue, paper, paintbrushes, tissue squares and glitter round out your supplies.  
I like to have them use colorful paper as the background. 


Em chose to use more tissue than flowers.


Lu was all about the flowers.  
 In the end we had several sheets of flower collages.
So, we turned them into...


Easter Eggs


And Paper Chains

13 comments:

Ticia said...

Oh my goodness, I love that.

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Beautiful and clever as always!

MaryAnne said...

What great child-made spring decor ideas! I always hear about people getting flower catalogs, but we never seem to - wonder why...

Christy Killoran said...

Fantastic idea! LOVE IT!

Mama King said...

Mary Anne: You can request to be put on a mailing list. The two we get are White Flower farm and Jackson Perkins.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

These are so pretty! I love the egg. I'll be linking.

Ticia said...

Come join us in the recipe thing. It's been so much fun trying all of these different recipes. Some have been duds, but I've found a lot that I really like.

Philippa said...

I love the egg it is gorgeous would make a great easter Gift for Grandma

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

Fabulous! I love the photo of Em with her gluey hands on the paintbrush... so cute!!! Seriously, how can you handle all the cuteness at your house? :-)

***Sharon*** said...

Ohhhhh.....I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

I adore collages. I have photos of myself as a toddler doing something similar -- an upturned jar lid full of glue, a brush in my hands, scraps everywhere. I need to get that pic from my mom, scan it, and put it on my blog! I think I was even in a high chair. Start those crafts EARLY.

And I love your mermaid tail. It's wonderful.

***Sharon*** said...

My catalog came in today! :)

Playing by the book said...

I've linked to this today!
http://www.playingbythebook.net/2010/05/13/revelling-in-gardening-with-kids/
Thanks for the inspiration :-)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs