What We Are Working On: The Three Little Pigs





I am always so inspired by Valerie over at The Frugal Family Fun Blog. When I saw her Three Little Pigs Project I instantly filed it away in my mental Rolodex (I am so low tech.) That was until yesterday when out of the blue Lu started acting out the Three Little Pigs with her Pretty Ponies... You can see where this is going. Of course, I had neither straw nor twigs or mini milk cartons...so...I decided to improvise. Here is our version, admittedly much different than the original but similar in spirit.

We started with a single house front (the front panel of a cereal box.) Lu and I cut up pieces of construction paper and yarn for the straw house. Which came out pretty cute.

I then realized it wasn't very practical as far as playing with it. So I opened up a second cereal box and cut out house shapes leaving the houses attached (see photo.) I glued the straw house to the open flap of the box. Use clamps or clothes pins to secure.

You can either leave it open, like a screen or glue or tape it closed to make a triangle.

I will post updated pictures as soon as we finish them.

Have fun crafting with your kids in 2010!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so fun! I love how the straw looks and how the house can stand up! Great work.

Christy Killoran said...

That looks great!

Franca said...

Your childrens are very beautiful and happy.Franca

maryanne said...

This is adorable! I love your straw, and the blue curtains make it look so home-like!

Katie said...

I love it Kim, how adorable!

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

I'm so happy you did this!! Yours looks awesome, and I agree with Maryanne about the curtain. That is just the perfect touch!

Kristine said...

That's a clever idea making the houses as one. It almost looks like a theatre stage. I thought you might be interested in the little piggies we used when that was my daughter's fav. story for a while. http://bilbified.blogspot.com/2009/08/oink-oink.html

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs