What to do with your childs artwork: Gift Tags

Sometimes it is just fun to smear paint around on paper. No purpose except fun and maybe sensory. Today was one of those days. We ended up with 6 of these colorful pieces of paper. What to do with them...

Card stock, a star shaped punch, glue and some ribbon...

Voila! Simple but cute gift tags.


On a different note...Thanks to Katie (Katie's Nesting Spot) for inspiring us to get out of our lunch rut. Yesterday was letter C day at her house and she made a cat snack for her daughter ER. I thought I would give it a try. You should have seen Lu's eyes grow wide and hear the squeals of delight when she saw her plate. Lu didn't want to eat it at first. She sat and talked about it for ten minutes. Finally I got her to eat an ear and then she was alright with it. She even ate the "crunchy carrots" (her term for them) which she doesn't normally like!

13 comments:

Jess said...

Love the labels - so simple and sweet, will def have to do some. I have been using them to make pictures (http://montessorimum.blogspot.com/2009/03/tilly-productions-made-with-giggles.html) but it can be time consuming.

Love the Cat by the way. (:

Amy said...

Great idea on gift tags. Love it. That cat was way cute I would be sad to eat it.

Sherry Gann said...

love those gift tags! :)

Katie said...

Wow Kim, I am excited that Lu liked the cat and even ate her crunchy carrots! I think it's great that you used the rest of the meal to spell out CAT. Great!

Really like the tag idea too, I am so glad you can think of a million ways to recycle art because we have a ton too and I hate to throw it away. Her little face gets all sad whenever a piece has to leave the display to make room for a new one. She loves it when we make other things out it and is very proud when she can tell people she made something that's part of what we're giving as a gift. She sees me make "prwesents-es" all the time and like to help Mommy."

Melissa said...

That's a great idea! I never quite know what to do with all the artwork!

jennwa said...

I love the gift tags, they are beautiful. You are right, sometime it is fun just to paint without a purpose.

Thanks for sharing with Friday Showcase!!!

Amy said...

What a great idea!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Those gift tags look GREAT! I've done similar things with the kids' art and made bookmarks, but I never thought of gift tags... great idea! And the cat lunch is super cute too! :-)

Heidi Boos said...

What a fabulous idea for the art work gift tags. So cute, simple, and meaningful. We have lots of paintings ready to use!

Adorable meal! I wouldn't have wanted to eat it either...it's so cute! ;)

. said...

we may be writing to the converted here, but anyway, please see the link >

http://about-orphans.blogspot.com

Abbie said...

The gift tag idea is wonderful! Thanks for the tip.
Abbie

Heather said...

Awgh...I would have loved to eat such a creative meal when I was a kid.

Beth- the mama bee said...

I was just coming on over to tell you that I linked this card, but I see that you already saw it :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs