It's Official!

Thank you for all your kind wishes! It was a wonderful day!

We arrived super early for our 8:30am court appearance. This is picture outside of the courtroom. We meant another wonderful family adopting a little boy the same age as Em.

Mommy & Em

Em & Lu

Emme walked around during the whole proceeding. Curious as usual! The Judge was so nice! He was quite taken with Em. Em on the other hand wasn't to sure about him!

In front of the Court House.

It is hard to believe we first contacted the adoption agency in October of 2006 to start up the adoption process. It has been an amazing journey and we feel so blessed to have Miss Emme in our lives. Being adopted myself, I know it is truly hard to know if your parents love you the "same" as if you were biologically theirs. I can say 110% YES! Emme was ours from the moment I held her in my arms.

I always find it funny when people say to me, "Oh I could never adopt...God Bless you for doing it! You never know what your going to get." First of all, that statement is wrong on so many levels. Do you ever know what your going to get? Ask any parent! Adopting a child doesn't make me a saint. I am not taking on a charity case or burden I am taking in a CHILD! A human! I get the privilege of raising another human being. Emme has brought so much joy into our lives! Finally and more importantly that statement implies -- I don't think I could love a child that wasn't biologically mine! That just blows my mind. The human heart is capable of so much love and does not have limits! Do not underestimate your capacity to love.

I know and understand adoption isn't for everyone. I apologize for standing on my soap box. But I feel it is important to say because someone might read this and consider adopting who never had before. Thank you for following us on our adoption journey! Mama King

14 comments:

Amanda Pedro said...

Congratulations on your exciting Journey. I wish you much happiness with your family and thank you for sharing.

Constance said...

Congratulations! My husband was one of those people who didn't think that he could love a child that was not biologically his until he met our now son. He has had to "eat" those words. He loves him unconditionally.

Again, congrats.

Sherry Gann said...

Yay! Congratulations! :)

DairyQueen said...

Congratulations!! What a beautiful family!

That's funny that people say you never know what you're going to get ~ I sure didn't know what I was going to get with my natural born!

I am so happy for you!

Michelle said...

Congratulations.

I'm a nanny and I love my charges so very much. They are not mine to keep, but the love is there in a big way. Maybe one day i will adopt a litte one.

Katie said...

I am so happy for you! I think judges like adoptions because it's a happy event for them to preside over. Plus hello, who would fall for your two little cuties. Love the green dress by the way!

Mama King said...

Thank you! I am so happy to be able to share our family and experiences and to read about your families and experiences! This is really a wonderfully community.

***Sharon*** said...

Such a sweet, sweet post! As blessed as you feel your girls are equally as blessed to have you as their mom! Congratulations!!!

Preschool Playbook said...

Congratulations! What beautiful pictures. Everyone looks so happy--such an exiciting time.

Amy said...

I am so happy for your family. Congrats to all of you.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What a great post and such a joyous day for your family! Best wishes to all of you. As for the adopted vs. biological child thing... If you ask me, DNA is waaaaayyy over-rated. ;-) I'm very fortunate to have two beautiful girls, but I'm done giving birth to kids. Would love to adopt at least one more. Thanks for posting this!

Mama King said...

Valerie, that makes me so happy!

Noni said...

Congratulations!!!

I can feel your happiness from your lovely pictures :)

Many kisses!

Sarah said...

I love your blog. Both for the crafts but also for the adoption story. Thank you for sharing!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs