Napkins and Saran Wrap: Incredible Results


Little birdie Secrets has an easy tutorial on how to iron a napkin onto paper/card board. Also see Skip to My Lou for an incredible interpretation of the project. Why might you want to do this? Look at how cool my Tinkerbell napkin card came out! It was left over from Lu's 3rd birthday party. I usually have a stack of party napkins after a party -- there are usually never enough to actually use again so in the closet they go. Well no more!
**Remember to peel the napkin apart. Use only the top ply or layer.

The clothes pins are holding down the ribbon while the glue dries.

I added some glitter and glue for accent. You could use the left over napkins from a party to make thank you notes.

7 comments:

Abbie said...

This is such a wonderful idea! I have a ton of McQueen napkins left over (not to mention baby jungle animal birthday napkins) left over that I don't know what to do with! This is the thing! thanks, Abbie

Amy said...

Do you put them on a card board so they are stiff and easy to write on?

Beth- the mama bee said...

I have two summer birthdays at my house... sure to have left over napkins! Those would make great thankyou notes!

Katie said...

Wow that's great, I love it and am off to check out the tutes. Did you know you can use napkins and a heat embosser to add napkins to candles? You can also add pictures to candles printed on thin weight paper to candles this way.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

That is awwwwesome! C is having her 4th b-day soon and she wants Tink too! I have the napkins!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea! I always have napkins left from my kids birthday parties. They would be fun to make the invitations and matching thank you notes! I can't wait to try this!!!

Unknown said...

I always have tons of napkins left over after my kids' birthday parties. I can't wait to try this out to make thank you notes!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs