Color Matching


I see so many great ideas on line it is hard to keep track of them all. Most likely this idea came from seeing various takes on the clothes pin matching game. I have seen great alphabet clothes pin matching activities. If this was your idea please let me know so I can give you proper credit.

This game is a bit advanced for my 21 month old. She can not use the clothes pins properly. The wonderful discovery that came out of this game is that big sis likes to teach little sis and little sis loves it! Seeing the two of them playing with this activity is precious. Lu holds up the pin and says the color she then asks Em where the color is on the plate. Then she attaches the clothes pin for Em. Em likes to take them off at the end and then they start all over again.

Edit: I just found Em correctly pinching the clothes pin. She just needed help lining up the plate to slide the pin onto!

6 comments:

Amy said...

That is a great idea. I could use this later on also.

Katie said...

I'm glad she got the hang of it, I was going to say give it time and she'll be able to do it. ER can use them on her own now that she's had a lot of practice. We love using clothespins as teaching tools, they are so good for little fingers! I made some to use with cups, you just stick a letter sticker onto a solo cup and then write a bunch of letters on clothespins. They have to match and clip the right one to the cup. For young children you can use large popsicle sticks and write the letters on those. Then they just have to put the sticks in the write cup.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Oh I love this one! There are so many great ways of teaching colors and so many fun things to do with clothespins. I just bought a bag of extra large clothespins and can't wait to do something fun with them! Thanks for inspiring me to get off my butt and get it done! ;)

Rebecca
RootsAndWingsCo.blogspot.com

kw said...

Cute! I love this. This is perfect for Little Snail.

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Fantastic idea SITSta! This will be great for my 22 month old who is just starting to learn colors. I found you from Mama's A Mess, so glad I did :)

Alwayslearning said...

Goodmorning..I found your blog while searching for ideas on print making for young children. I teach preschool and have 4 grandchildren that come to Grammy's for art projects. How do I get permission to use some of your ideas at home or in my class? I have an adopted daughter who is now 17..a very interesting story...
...Alwayslearning

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs