Rainsticks and Bookmarks


Flip Flops & Applesauce had a great tutorial on making a rain stick from a wrapping paper tube. We made a mini version from a heavy duty saran wrap tube. It was easy to do and we used up some more of our paintings to decorate it. I punched out stars from some of Lu's paintings we had. It came out very cool and sounds like the rain!

Valerie from Frugal Family Fun Blog made a comment on our What to Do With Your Child's Artwork post and said she makes bookmarks from her kiddos art work. I quickly made this one from some card stock, a star punch, glue and Lu's paintings. I think this would make a nice gift to send to Grandpa for fathers day. There is room on the back to write a sentiment.

6 comments:

Amy said...

I am wanting to make some book marks.

Unknown said...

I love the fabric on the ends of the rain stick.
Thanks for the link!

Katie said...

Okay I am so doing these! I just saved a wrapping paper roll last night, I thought there had to be something to do with it! Now I know why I hung onto it.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

These look great! Love your ideas!!

Heidi Boos said...

Definitely using the kids' art bookmark idea for a gift for grandmas and grandpas!!

Amy Bee said...

Your bookmark idea is so clever! It looks really classy.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs