Straw Bead Necklace


Lu made this for her sis Em in honor of her adoption being finalized (this Friday!) We chose some patriotic colored straws and cut them up. A fun way to practice cutting (although be prepared for the little straw beads to fly!) I tied a bead to one end of an elastic string. You can use the elastic string that comes around gifts. I tied a child's plastic blunt end needle to the other end. Lu had fun lacing the beads on and making patterns. I included a foam heart we had for her to add on.

Simple, cheap and fun. Have fun crafting with your kiddos!

3 comments:

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, this is cute, I love it! I'll be linking.

Ticia said...

What a fun idea. I keep forgetting that one.

Amy said...

This is a neat craft to do. You always have something fun going on here. Have a great day.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs