I always have crayons, markers, paper and stickers in my bag. I am the marker lady at Lu's gymnastics class. While I sit with Em in the waiting area, kids gather at my feet and draw. They have gotten so comfortable with the fact that I come packing (with markers) that my lack of markers today annoyed one little girl. I had the nerve not to bring the markers she liked to use! And yes, her Mama was talking on her phone on the opposite side of the room oblivious. Well, I digress. The point is, during the holidays I like to have lots of holiday themed activity sheets and coloring pages ready for those fits of boredom. There are a ton of sites you can go to if you Google "free coloring pages". Here are a few of my favorites. If you have a favorite can you let me know so I can check it out. Thanks!




5 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Great coloring pages list! I really like activity village; I also just use google image search sometimes.

Can't believe that one girl's fit (or her mother...)

Tiff said...

I can totally relate! When I go to my older daughters swim class I am shocked at how many other parents sit there talking or texting on their cell phones. What ever happened to paying attention to your kids?! I see the same thing at the park too! Crazy!

Thanks for the links! I have been using Family Fun's website a lot! :)

Valerie @ Inner Child Fun said...

What a great idea! I've been known to keep a miniature set of colored pencils with me at all times... Fun!!

Mama Jane said...

Thanks for the list. I have a little problem, maybe you can help.
My dd has taken to bringing friends over and asking to do "crafts". Usually I am preparing dinner or something and can't stop just then to supervise. Maybe you can suggest a list of "go to" ideas for kids (mine are girls too)that one could prepare homemade "kits" that would be great.

Mama King said...

Mama Jane - Thanks for the idea. I will pull together some easy go to crafts.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs