Thanksgiving Kids Craft: Model Magic Tukey


We are starting off November with a Thanksgiving craft. This was a simple, fast and fun craft for my 5 year old. She was able to complete most of this craft herself. She rolled one medium ball (for the body) and one small ball (for the head.) She stuck the feathers, eyes, legs and beak on. It was so easy and entertaining for Lu to make I have a feeling we will end up with a turkey family by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. 

Supplies: Model Magic or air dry clay, feathers, pipe cleaner, google eyes, straw, scissors, 1/2 red gummy candy (optional)  



I fashioned the legs out of one pipe cleaner - cut in half. 
An older child could easily make the legs.


I snipped the end off an orange straw, flattened with my fingers and cut a V shape on one end.

We didn't know what to use for the waddle. Being the day after Halloween I grabbed a bag of spooky gummy Life Savers. I snipped one in half and squished it a bit and stuck it on.

Have fun crafting with your kids!

2 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Super cute! Lu looks pleased with her creation, too =)

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

That is SO cute! Thanks for the turkey, I'll be linking.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs