My New Obsession...


Alright, I am going to come clean. I am a bit obsessive. I will find something I love and it will take over my life to the detriment of everything else. It can be a craft, a tv show, a book, puzzles, a food... Luckily these obessions are short lived and I can move on until my next craze. My past obsessions have included, intricate tissue paper collages (my kitchen table was covered with tiny bits of tissue paper for weeks), the TV series Bones (I discovered it in season 5 so catching up became well...), Suduko (I would burn through Suduko books like crazy), Hurricane Popcorn (I ate so much I can't even look at it now!), and of course, blogging (we all know how that turned out.) The list goes on and on. My newest obsession is wet felting. I am a felting maniac! I just find it so creative and relaxing.

Here is my latest creation.


I created a long panel of felt. Cut it into three strips, keeping one end attached, and then braided them to create the base of my band.  The nice thing about braiding the band is that it provides a bit of stretch to the band. I then sewed on several flowers that I made out of the salvage felt and added some tulle. I know something is a hit with my kids when they start fighting over it ;-)

  



3 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Wet felting is on my "to-try" list. Your band is beautiful!

Sippy Cup Central said...

Fantastic, always wanted to try this. Karen

Kimommy said...

Very cute, Mama King. I love the headband!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs