What to do with your child's art work?

For awhile, Lulu, loved gluing small squares of tissue onto paper (and then of course pouring glitter on top!) I had stacks of her tissue/glitter collages. After we made all the cards our relatives could stand I moved on to this idea.

I decided to cut them out into basic animal shapes. I think they look very cute plus they are a great way to dress up the playroom. You can of course use a painting or any other mixed media collage as your base. I added the letter just to reinforce the alphabet you of course do not have to. I think different types of dinosaurs, fish, bugs, or flowers would look cute. I included the elephant template to get you started. Print, cut out, trace onto back of child's artwork and cut out, fold ear and glue onto elephant. Click on picture below for template.

I have to apologize, I am not computer savvy. I can not get this elephant to print any bigger than 3/4 of the page. If anyone knows how I should be saving this file let me know. I am saving it "for the web" from Illustrator as a GIF file. *** Thanks to Clemencia at Storytime and More for fixing the elephant template!!!


9 comments:

Bran said...

What a cute elephant!

Mama King said...

Thanks! Just getting a chance to check out all your great projects! I can't wait to try a few with my girls.

Katie said...

I happened to open your blog while my daughter was drawing at my craft table next to and she went CRAZY over the elephant. Wants to make one RIGHT now!

Clemencia said...

I love your idea, and I can help you with the elephant pattern, let me play with it and see what I can come up with :)

Clemencia said...

I got it fixed where can I send it for you? so you can post it again?

Mama King said...

Thanks Clemencia!!! You can send it to kimchichiking@yahoo.com

You'll have to tell me how you did it! Thanks again, Kim

Dawn said...

Thanks for the great idea-we end up with lots of art work. Just happens my neice loves elephants too-we'll make some up to send her :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful ideas!
I love you attitude about what to do with your kids artwork, positive and so creative.

My kids are teens now, and I have boxes of drawing that could of been used for so many of your lovely ideas.
I like to invite you to my art counslar blog, http://veryspecialart.blogspot.com/

wedding dresses 2011 said...

Thanks for the post

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs