Jelly Fish Craft

Hello! Hope you all had a happy 4th of July!

Lately we have been seeing a lot of great Jellyfish crafts out there in the blog world. Here is our version to add to the mix. We used a clear plastic Fruit Bowl as our top. We spread a layer of Mod Podge (my fave) on the inside of the cup. Sprinkled glitter then applied torn bits of tissue and then another layer of Mod Podge. As you can see from the pictures with the dark background my little assistant loves Mod Podge as much as her Mama and there is a lot of glue inside. I couldn't wait for it to dry to clear for the pictures (it did eventually!)

The stringy ends are made up of yarn and ribbon. I wish I had some Christmas tinsel to add in to the mix too. I tied the bundle together and then threaded a piece of the bundle through a hole on the top. I just used a craft knife to make the hole.

I was going to add googly eyes but my little assistant and little Marine Biologist declared in horror, "A jelly fish doesn't have eyes on top of its head!" So the eyes got nixed. You of course can and should add them because I think they would look cute!

For other great Jelly Fish projects visit:
http://kidsartandcraftlover.blogspot.com and
http://www.preschoolplaybook.com

The Supplies:


14 comments:

Mommyof2girlz/StephD said...

Oh my gosh..so cute!! The girls would love this! Thanks for sharing :)

Amy said...

That is so cool. I have my Round Robin coming up this Friday. If you want to share...

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

I love the material list on this one, how fun! I'll be linking.

Preschool Playbook said...

What a great jellyfish. It looks a lot more realistic than mine. My little guy will love this. Thanks.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Oh. My. Goodness. That is sooooo cute! I love it!!

Julie said...

Cute, and way more colourful then one we made last month using the empty fruit cup and bag from inside a cereal box. I was thinking to try one with a shower cap for a more puffy look. Just need to make yet another run to the dollar store : )

Our Family said...

Adorable craft, just love your blog!!!

Beth- the mama bee said...

I think that is cuter than the others I've seen out there! I think we'll do it at preschool next year.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I just adore this!! You are very creative. I love to see what you come up with.

Anjeanette of the R&W girls

Shannon said...

I love this! Think I will plan a whole ocean unit just so we have an excuse to make it!

jennwa said...

That is a super jellyfish. Perfect summer project.

Wendy said...

I love that yours look so realistic. We did a Spongebob theme for my daughter's bedroom and she made some similar to this, but polka-dotted.

http://wisdomofthemoon.blogspot.com/2007/07/what-girl-wants-compromising-with-what.html

Corinne said...

I've been looking for great kids crafts sites to entertain my kids this summer and just found yours--thanks for sharing. Your stuff looks great.

val said...

very clever, this would be a great way to decorate for a child's under the sea type party :-)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs