Picnic Talk: Your Child's Imagination








Love this weeks Picnic Talk topic over at ABC & 123.

Picnic Talk: Your Child's Imagination

Ingredients for great imaginative play:

A boat full of open ended toys & props (see following list)
Lots of silliness
A pinch of modeling & suggesting (to get things started! Some kids will need a jumping off point.)
Mix in a child's natural creativity & imagination



Some of our favorite toys & props:

Dress Up Clothes
Card Board Boxes
Large Card Board Blocks
Wooden Blocks
Household Props (Sheets for making a fort, chairs, tables, pillows, plastic bowls...you name it!)
Dolls, Stuffed Animals,Ponies, Critters & Fairies
Kitchen set
Doctors kit
Tiny toy cars

10 comments:

MaryAnne said...

Great ingredients - and very cute picture!

Ticia said...

I agree with all of those ingredients. And I agree with the toys you listed, I think we have some variation on most of those.

Ticia said...

We just entered the world of little legos. We wanted to take something small with us for our trip that would entertain them for a while. The legos fit the bill perfectly.

Bobbi & Noe said...

Your silly! I followed myself somehow too! I have no clue how not to do it. My things keep showing up on my dashboard!

DairyQueen said...

great ideas! you are just so creative!!

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love the picture! You cannot go wrong with the props you listed. I just wish we had the space to have all of them available at all times :)

Susana said...

Thanks for sharing--this is a reminder to me that our dress-up really needs a makeover!!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Those are some of our favorite things too!! Love the photo... Emily's favorite thing to dress up as is a pirate! She uses a chinese calendar scroll for a treasure map.

Elise said...

A wonderful recipe for imaginative play that could take you anywhere.

Elise

Amy said...

That looks like a fun time for sure..

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs