Eye Spy Bottle


I finally got around to making the photo cards that goto our eye spy bottle. I confiscate all the small objects that come in some of the girls toys. Originally it was for choking hazard and now it is because they end up everywhere or in the vacuum bag. I photographed them and printed them out on card stock and then laminated them with contact paper. Punched a hole and looped them together. (You'll notice I need more rice for the bottle.) Edit: I try to subtly reinforce teaching color by grouping similar colored objects together.



Tip: glue the lid onto the bottle...unless you want to find the contents of your eye spy bottle all over your floor.

10 comments:

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Awesome!! I was thinking of making one of these before our cross-state road trip this weekend!! I'm with you on the gluing the lid idea!

Elli said...

Lovely!:)

Ally said...

I've been wanting to make one of these for awhile. Thanks for the motivation!

Eve said...

Very fun idea, my girls would love to make these.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Great idea! We have a ton of those teeny tiny toys too. There never seems to be any shortage of those!

Unknown said...

I've been wanting to make one of these! Love this idea, and gluing the lid is a good tip.

Ticia said...

brilliant idea to take the little things from the kids toys. There are so many little parts that otherwise end up in the vacuum or trash after you stepped on it once too many times

sarah said...

Oh I love this, made a comment about it on my blog - cant wait to make these this weekend...

Katie said...

I've seen these made before but I have yet to be able to accumulate enough stuff to put in said bottle. Fun stuff and love the loose division by color.

raveninthewolfden said...

I did this with my kids! thanks for the Idea. I am posting a link to your post so that I can give you credit for the IDea!
xoxo

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs