Birthday Collage Thank You Cards

It has been a whirlwind few weeks around here...doctor's appointments, Sesame Place, Philadelphia Please Touch Museum, Emme's 2nd Birthday! I will be doing some catch up posting to show you what we have been up to.

We celebrated Emme's 2nd birthday on Saturday. The birthday girl had a blast. (Pictures to come.) I wanted to kick off the week with a craft. We made collage thank you cards with left over party streamers and napkins. Since Emme is 2, she still needed a lot of help with the glue. I let her squirt the glue but then I took a foam brush and spread it out for her. We placed the napkin down and smoothed it out together. Next came the streamers and glitter or the super messy part. Be ready for some serious globs of glue! Em had fun but immediately after she was done she was distressed about the glue, streamers and glitter stuck to her hands!





This picture shows the collage before it is trimmed and folded. Let your creations dry over night. Trim and fold to your desired size. I think they came out very cute! I like these much better than the watercolor ones we made because these are a true Emme creation!


Here is the finished card.

8 comments:

Katie said...

Thank you cards are such an important gesture to teach your kids. It's great to get them involved in making them and contributing to them even before they can write the actual note. Very cute and nice job Emme!

PS: We visited the Please Touch Musuem when we were in Philly, I'd love to see your pics, if any, and hear what you and the girls thought of it. Hope you have time to post eventually!

Dawn said...

That came out cute!! Great idea-we always have napkins and streamers left over.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What a great idea! I love repurposing things for new uses, and this is perfect! I know what you mean about the little ones using sooooooo much glue. When Emily was 2, I used a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil as her craft tray. It worked so well to keep the mess contained, and clean up was a lot easier. :-)

I love how the cards turned out... what a great Emme creation!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

This is such a great idea! Fun, cute and a great habit to start, I love it. I'll be linking.

Nadia said...

aww thats cute and my son LOVES elmo! :)

Amy said...

That is such a neat idea. Sounds like you are having a great Summer.

Elise said...

Handmade thank you cards from the birthday girl herself - such a sweet gesture. Such a special treat for the guests.

Cathy said...

That was an amazing thank you cards for your baby's birthday. I love having parties for kids.. They would really love it even how simple it is.. For them, that moment will be unforgettable..

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs