Felt Tic-Tac Toe Pouch from Coloured Buttons

I was catching up on some of my favorite blogs and found a great new (for me) blog called Coloured Buttons. The blog was featured on One Crafty Place.

I immediately had to make the no sew felt version of her O's & X's pouch. It is a little portable Tic-Tac-Toe Game. I didn't even get a chance to decorate the outside! Lulu was off and playing with it! I will attach some flowers to the outside later. Lu is in love with the pouch and the bead string closure. She has been swinging it and carrying around ever since I made it. There is something just so fun pulling the pouch closed and sliding the beads down to keep it closed. Definitely check out the Coloured Buttons blog for more fun ideas. I want to try to make the Matchbook House Necklace - just need to snag a matchbook next time I'm out at a restaurant. Hers is so cute - check out the detail!

I used a dinner plate as my template for the circle, fabric glue, pinking shears, felt, narrow ribbon, and beads. Coloured Buttons has sewing instructions too.

Tip: I made my game pieces 2 ply to give them more substance. Just glued two identical pieces together in contrasting colors.






Tip: make sure the hole or opening of your beads is small. Pony beads don't work unless you are using a thick cord. You want the bead to be snug but still slide this will ensure your pouch stays closed.

The great thing about this design is you can customize your pouch to a holiday. This would be a cute Valentines Day gift. Done up in pink with hearts. Or you can customize it for the child your giving it to. Instead of X's and O's you can use their initials.

Have fun crafting!


13 comments:

Amy said...

I always enjoy what you have to share.

Michelle said...

These would make the cutest gifts...I am going to make one for Emily. I can't wait to get to the store for the supplies!!!

raveninthewolfden said...

Hello, My name is Amber. I have just stumbled upon your blog, and I enjoy what I see. I am also going to be a new follower of your blog!

xox Lerwill Mommy
loveable-lerwills.blogspot.com

jacque4u2c said...

Just to clever!!!!! LUV IT!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I agree with Michelle... what a great gift idea, and I love your photos! :-)

trixi said...

So glad you liked my O's & X's pouch. Your pouch looks great! I loved your idea about customizing the pouch for different holidays. I'll be linking to your pouch as soon as I finish the post I'm working on.

Martha said...

that is cute. thanks for sharing. I think it will be cool for my girl scout troop.

Abbie said...

I just love that this little thing closes like that...My mind is racing...what else can I use that for? Great craft project...as always Mama King!
Abbie

Susana said...

These are awesome!!

jennwa said...

That is terrific. Love it! Thanks for sharing.

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Oh I love how you made it. Very sweet!

Anjeanette

Sherry said...

I love this and think Lu would enjoy it, I bet there are a few other games that could be made like this. What kind and size hole punch did you use?

Katie said...

Oh great project, I love it and I had never heard of that blog thanks for the suggestion for a great new place to check out. This looks pretty easy to make too:)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs