How To Make A Sparkly Tiara Top


Lu turned four this past weekend. I made her a super sparkly shirt to match her tiara for the occasion. I included the directions because it is so simple to make and all the girls thought it was just so pretty!

I cut out 4 strips of felt. I arranged them into the tiara shape and pinned them in place. Next I sewed on the sequins. I used larger sequins on the points. Sewing on sequins is actually a pretty fast once you get the hang of it. See here for directions. Trim stray threads.

Next glue on to shirt using fabric glue. I placed some cardboard behind the shirt so glue wouldn't soak through to back of shirt. Allow to set up 24 hours before wearing the shirt. Wash shirt inside out on gentle.

12 comments:

Morgan said...

Very cute! How did she like it?

krisz said...

This is so pretty!Such a good idea!

Anonymous said...

That's adorable!

BTW, I'm relatively new to your blog. My daughter is adopted from Korea as well so I've been enjoying reading about you and your daughter's adoptions.

Ticia said...

SUPER CUTE! I might just have to try this.

Amy said...

You are the best Mommy ever.

MaryAnne said...

Great idea,any little girl would love this!

Ashlee said...

I love it!!!! I am going to make one for sure. Thanks for sharing the idea and instructions.

Tiffany said...

So cute...maybe a cute Christmas gift!

Sherry said...

Very pretty! My little Lu would love this!

Beth- the mama bee said...

that's so adorable. My Bee will love it. thanks for the great idea.

jennwa said...

Perfect for any princess.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oooh pretty sparkles! I love this. Thanks so much, I'll be linking.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs