Historical Farm Outing


We went to visit a historical farm yesterday. The girls had so much fun washing clothes (*gasp!*) We may have to find ourselves a washtub and washboard.

Rinsing the clothes.

Hanging them up on the clothes line. They even had a little basket so you could take the clothes off the line and start all over again. They could have done this all afternoon but some other kids came along and I saw my chance to move on!

Next came watering the garden. They got to fill up kids size watering cans with a real water pump.

Big sister helping little sister!

45 minutes! They went back and forth countless times. It really is the simple things that get kids so excited.

Of course there were animals, barns and historic homes on the farm but this was the highlight!

We are enjoying our last days of summer before school starts. Hope you are (did) too!

6 comments:

***Sharon*** said...

OH!!! This is super cool. Would love to be able to take my girls to something like this! And you are right - "gasp!" They enjoyed HAND washing clothes? The pictures are DARLING!

jacque4u2c said...

How fantastic was this! What a fun day to spend together! AWESOME photos!

Preschool Playbook said...

They look like they had so much fun. It is so true that they enjoy the simple things!

MaryAnne said...

This farm looks so cool, I think my kids would really enjoy visiting a place like that!

Amy said...

This is great. I am not sure I could do things that way. Since I have always had the washing machine and stuff like that. Great way to teach your children.

sharon said...

Great fun! Where is the fabulous farm? Wonder if there's one in my area.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs