Crafting Flops

Today I thought I would show you one of my crafting failures. Yesterday I got the great idea of making a tissue box cozy for my sick daughter. Being a last minute idea I didn't have the correct size fabric and the boxes original artwork showed through once Mod Podged on. Needless to say it ended up looking pretty sad and no amount of hot glue gunning ribbon on was going to save it. So it ended up in crappy craft heaven (aka the garbage.) Sound familiar?

On a different note, I wanted to send out a big hug and thanks to all of you who left me such wonderful comments on my name post. It really does mean so much to me. I was uplifted by your kind words. I know for many of you it may be difficult reconciling the fact that you come here looking for crafts and sometimes you get a little more than you bargained for. So thank you for your patience and for letting me share a little bit of who I am with all of you.

Enjoy your day!

7 comments:

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Oh yes, we've had several projects make it to crappy craft heaven too.... sad, isn't it? Also, I got a big kick out of the mod podge in the fridge. I did the same thing with my cordless phone awhile back! If you are insane, you're in good company, my friend. :-)

Amy said...

My projects are always a mess but at least we have fun doing them right?

maryanne said...

I love the wand in this photo - if only there were a fairy godmother to fix craft flops like these. If there were, she would be kept very busy in my home...

abbie said...

I love hearing about your adoptee side... :) and now I will not feel as bad when a crafting/sewing project turns out totally terrible! Somehow I just thought that everyone didn't mess up but me. :)
That is pretty strange about the Korean saying and your check...well, maybe it was just a sign to say, smile! A small light in the fog of motherhood. Best, Abbie

a Tonggu Momma said...

Now this? THIS I can relate to! *grin* As a clumsy, fine-motor-lacking momma - who once was fired from using a glue gun - I loved this post. And I'm here primarily BECAUSE of posts like your Names post.

Katie said...

I know you were probably super annoyed when that happened, but I have to say as one who's had her share of crappy craft heaven contribution, a small part of me is glad that my disasters have some company☺

***Sharon*** said...

AH HA!!! So you're NOT perfect after all?!? lol You truly make everything look SO EASY. It is so inspiring!

And can I just say - I LOVE it when you add a personal/non-crafting post. <3

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs