Letter Exchange: Katie's Nesting Spot


Many of you may remember our letter exchange from this summer. I have a post waiting in my drafts folder which I will work on this weekend to catch you up on all of the wonderful and thoughtful letters we received. The end of summer sunshine caused me to play hooky and I got behind in posting. A huge apology goes out to Sharon from Mama's A Mess who sent an AMAZING package to the girls. I am all over it this weekend! I promise.

What cleared the cobwebs from my brain was this wonderful little package. It came in the mail on Saturday for Lu & Em from a favorite blogger of ours, Katie (Katie's Nesting Spot and ABC & 123.) Well, what a way to end our letter exchange! Katie pulled out all the stops. Boy did we feel the crafty love :-)

I have to admit that I am a huge fan/stalker (hee hee) of Katie's and to receive some crafty goodness from here was very exciting. I was just as excited as the girls.

The girls received little collage kits (the plastic packs came from underwear packaging - so smart!) Inside were feathers, stickers, Playdough, pompoms, tissue flowers, chenille stems, pretty pieces of cards to glue down and flower shaped confetti. The minute I took this picture Lu ran off to the kitchen with her packet to start collaging.

The girls also each received some great book plate stickers, 2 Zhu Zhu Hamsters that wheel around and make cute noises (the girls love them!), a blank notebook to write in, a book about the United States, a homemade coloring book about our home state and Katie's. And...

This awesome book designed especially for Lu & Em. Katie wrote and designed this adorable book about Lu, Em and her daughter ER. How sweet is this! The girls thought it was so cool that they could read a book about themselves and their new friend ER. I mean how cool is this!

The last surprise was this beautiful handmade frame. I actually squealed with delight as I unwrapped it. It is just so whimsical and sweet. It reads, Sisters are the blessing in the garden of life. Katie posted here about how she made it if your interested. She used a piece of canvas board. So clever. It looks so cute in Lu's room.

Here is a closeup of the fabric flowers. I love the color and dimension they add to the frame. Even the back of the frame has adorable striped paper mod podged on!

So a big THANK YOU to Katie. If you have never visited her blog you should. She does it all! Crafts, Entertaining, Reviews, Giveaways, Scrap booking, Educational Ideas...

Tip: packing peanuts are fun to collage with! Lu made an apartment building (her Grandmother lives in one.)

6 comments:

Bran said...

Katie is awesome! What a wonderful package!

Amy said...

I saw some of this up. I am so happy you guys enjoyed this.

Nadia said...

wow this looks like so much fun! the package was great.. i wish i had known about this letter exchange! looks like we would have really enjoyed it

Katie said...

I am so relieved you liked it all! What a great little write up, I feel so appreciated :)

***Sharon*** said...

WOW!!! What an awesome exchange. Katie is so unbelievably creative!!! And no need to apologize! I actually want to thank you for inspiring us to do a 50 states postcard exchange!

Beth- the mama bee said...

she's great. how lucky for you to get such a nice package!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs