Butterfly Project

Amy from Mod Podge Rocks featured a cute project using punches for the Holocaust Museum's Butterfly Project. I had never heard of the Butterfly Project so I headed over to the museum's sight to find out more.

The Holocaust Museum is collecting 1.5 million handmade butterflies to remember the 1.5 million children who perished in the holocaust. "The butterflies will eventually comprise a breath-taking exhibition, currently scheduled for Spring 2012, for all to remember." Butterflies are due by June 30, 2011. So you have plenty of time! All the guidelines are on the Holocaust Museum's website. One of which is no glitter. Awww...

I will be putting my thinking cap on so stay tuned...

For the instructions for the Mod Podge Butterfly on the left click here.

3 comments:

Bran said...

I think we will make a few butterflies to send.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I'm putting this on my list of projects to do.. what an amazing idea for an exhibit. I'm so glad you posted about this, or I would have never known about it.

maryanne said...

What a great project! I hadn't heard of it either, thanks for posting!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs