Kids Craft: Fall Inspired Collage

The weather has been beautiful this past week (except of course for today - so sorry the picture is dark.) The girls and I went on a leisurely scavenger hunt yesterday. I drew pictures of some fall items we would look for on our walk. Pine cones, leaves, acorns, seed pods, squirrels, deer... I gave the girls their own buckets and off we went. The girls had fun with the hunt and were excited to find everything on our list.

I am letting the leaves dry out a bit and then I will have them do a fall inspired open-ended collage with the materials they found. Older children may enjoy making more representational pictures (see photo.)

Hope you are enjoying the Fall!

4 comments:

An Almost Unschooling Mom said...

I've given you the One Lovely Blog award - visit my blog - Almost Unschoolers, for the rules of the award.

Amy said...

Great idea. I want to try that. I hope you show off your great crafts at my Round Robin on Friday.

maryanne said...

I hope you post what your girls create! Maybe I'll try something like this with my kids...

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

What a cute flower! We are a big fan of nature art, and a fall inspired collage is a great idea! I agree with MaryAnne -- I would love to see the girls' creations too!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs