Solving Sewing Problems


McCall Pattern's were on sale 99 cents at Joann's Fabric last week. I picked up the two easiest patterns possible. Here is the first dress. I will hopefully have time to do the next dress sometime this week.


I followed the pattern size 4 but found the dress to be very shapeless and ill fitting especially on top. Solution: I added the ribbons on top to solve the gaping neckline and the tulle on the bottom to dress it up a bit. Simple to do and makes the dress a little extra special.



A very happy customer!

13 comments:

Amy said...

How sweet. I know I could never do that. My child would have no dress at all.

***Sharon*** said...

I can see why you have a happy customer! :) It turned out fabulous...and I love the kitty print! Welcome to the wonderful world of sewing!

maryanne said...

Very nice! I love your addition of ribbons and tulle, they definitely make the dress much cuter!

Crystal said...

Very cute! I love the little extras you added.

abbie said...

I just love it!! You are quite a seamstress! And very frugal for a 99c pattern! I love that you made it cordaroy too. I love that fabric, but have a hard time finding the right time to use it! Great job!!

krisz said...

I love the ribbon and the tulle.It is super cute with it!And i love the fabric as well!It is so adorable!

jacque4u2c said...

Just adorable! What a fantastic idea!

Amanda Pedro said...

good call! Love it. it is very special indeed.

Dawn said...

That's adorable!! Great job-love the fabric and tulle.

Ticia said...

I've seen the pattern, but haven't done that one yet. Yours turned out very cute.

Beth- the mama bee said...

Yeah for a sewing mama!

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

This turned out beautifully! I love that you added your own little touches to it. So much better!

Sippy Cup Central said...

I love your blog. I also enjoy sewing, but anything with out zippers, etc, you made me laugh because sewing easy things isn't always easy for me.

Sippy Cup mom

http://sippycupcentralmom.blogspot.com/

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs