Christmas Countdown Calender


Lu and I had fun stamping our hearts out yesterday.
We got the idea for this simple countdown/advent calender from Kids Craft Weekly.

Each day is represented by a small envelope. I did not get to number each envelope yet. I also plan on filling each envelope with a note and a sticker. The sticker they will stick to a yet to be designed picture. Eventually when they have all the stickers on their paper it will be Christmas. I am thinking something similar to a game board...like Candy Land.
The envelopes are attached to the ribbon by a spiral paper clip.
All of these supplies I had on hand.


Each day the girls will find a small trinket in their stocking (I already picked up a bunch of stuff in the dollar bins at Michaels) and will take turns removing an envelope.
The stockings I got at Michaels in the $3 bin.
These are not the girls Christmas stockings. That will be another post.

13 comments:

abbie said...

ohhh, I like this one! I was lazy and just got the kids the chocolate advent calendar with the nativity scene. Tyler calls it "jesus chocolate." I imagine he will also get to consume his sister's bit too since she doesn't like chocolate, but "MUST" have what oppa has. :) oh well. This is such a terrific idea. hope you are feeling a bit better

pink and green mama MaryLea said...

Fun!! I saw an advent calendar like this in Better Homes and Gardens (or was it southern living?) this month and she made one for each kid with little bags of goodies - -very fun! : )

krisz said...

This is looks so good!I like the idea that you just hang the envelops and not the whole package of treat.It looks much nicer.(Especially because you have 28 treats too.Because each girl has her own.)

Mama King said...

Abbie - I love it! Jesus Chocolates! Funny :-) Lu is allergic to milk so that would n't work for us. I do have fond memories of opening the door to find a tin foiled wrapped chocolate.

Krisz - yes it is a lot of treats - so I am keeping them small. For example I bought a package in the dollar bin that had 3 Tinkerbell rings and 9 matching stickers. I will divide that up so that one day they get the ring and one day they get the stickers.

Amy said...

That is such a fun and neat idea. ..

You could share this next month for my Round Robin if you would like.

Crystal said...

Very cute. What a fun idea.

Heidi Boos said...

What a super cute idea and how great that you had the girls help out! I love that they'll have a little something in their stocking each morning. A different take on an the traditional advent calendar.

P.S. From your comment on my blog...I LOVE buying gingerbread kits. We get ours from Costco. They're huge! :)

Sherry said...

love love love this idea, so cute and simple!

jennwa said...

That is a great idea. My kids would love that.

Little Nut Tree said...

That is a great idea, and they look lovely! I did something similar last year but with little packets for each day. We still have the packets so I'll be re-using those but I might borrow your stocking idea so the packages aren't so heavy!

Amy's Stocking Stuffers said...

That's such a cute idea! I like the stamps you used -- nice simple designs.

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

I love this! We actually made one, based on this, thanks to your inspiration. It was such a fun project.

Katie said...

How did I miss this one?! So so much fun and so cute! I'm going to save this for when ER is a little older or maybe for Valentine's Day when I won't have to fold so many envelopes:)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs