Saint Patrick's Day Kid's Craft: Rainbow


Starting to decorate for Saint Patrick's Day.

Here is an easy rainbow craft for the preschool set.

Remember ROY G BIV?

Red
Orange
Yellow
Green
Blue
Indigo
Violet

Cut a paper plate in half. Paint your rainbow. Let dry.
Paint the other half of the plate gold or yellow. Let Dry.
Punch holes for hanging coins and top hanger.
Cut out coins. Punch holes in each coin. Attach string.
Tie onto rainbow. Glue "clouds"or cotton balls onto bottom of rainbow.
Hang and enjoy!

Optional: You can stamp a clover on each coin using the end of a pencil eraser.
Or you can use gold glitter to make your coins super sparkly. 
You can add beads to the top hanger.

10 comments:

Christy Killoran said...

Cute. We are going to do this too!

Amy said...

That is so neat.. I will have to try this one too. Thanks..

Cindy said...

Perfect timing. We are doing rainbows this week.

Sippy Cup Central said...

I love it, we'll make it next week, thanks for the fun craft.
Karen
Sippy Cup Central

Philippa said...

Thank you for sharing I have been looking for Rainbow ideas and this one is perfect :)

Katie said...

Now which one of your little darlings made this? I tried a version with ER and ended up with a mud colored mess!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Oooh pretty! Thanks so much for the cheerful craft, I'll be linking.

Unknown said...

super fun! thanks for the idea! :)

JavaMama said...

I love this! So doing it.

Unknown said...

Hi! I just love this little rainbow craft you guys have made! I'm going to share it with my FB peeps here:
http://www.facebook.com/LearningIsChildsPlay
If you'd like to pop over and say hello! :)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs