Holiday Headband in Minutes


I received a package of crafting goodies from Craftprojectideas.com to play with. The first item I was drawn to was the, what I used to call Pipe Cleaners, then Chenille Stems and now... Glitter Sticks. You all know what I am talking about! There was a cute project idea for a bracelet featured on the Glitter Stick packaging. I loved the idea and just tweaked it a bit.  


I took one of my girls cheap plastic headbands and started wrapping two glitter sticks around the headband at a time. I chose red and silver, you could choose any seasonal color combo. I left aproximately a half an inch free of Glitter Stick on each end.  This prevented tickling the backs of the ears. I would have your child try on the headband and mark with your thumb where you should start.

When you come to the end of the Glitter Stick overlap the next two sticks to create a seamless look.


I ended up using 9 Glitter Sticks in total.  Older kids will easily be able to do this craft.  A fun activity for a Girl Scout Troop or Slumber Party.

Have fun crafting with your kids!

1 comment:

MaryAnne said...

Very cute - and something a girl can make for a friend!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs