Easy, Fast & Healthy Last Minute Meal

Menu:
Homemade Hummus - garbanzo beans/chick peas, drizzle of olive oil & pinch of salt in food processor -- no tahini due to allergies
Couscous - follow box instructions
Carrots - microwave Steam Fresh (girls don't like crunchy carrots)
Whole Wheat Pita Bread - warmed and cut into wedges
Salad - with whatever we have on hand (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, hard boiled eggs, olives, feta...)

The girls love this for dinner! It takes less than 20 minutes to pull together and it is really healthy. Thought I'd share one of our favorite last minute meals. I always have several cans of garbanzo beans in stock for this purpose!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That sounds good and we always are looking for meatless meals for during lent too. Thanks for sharing, I've never made hummus because I could never find that tahni sauce so it's nice to know I can try it without.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs