During my idea drain, many of you were kind enough to suggest some projects that you have enjoyed. One of them was from:
I immediately went over and checked out her post. Miraculously my brain turned back on and I remembered this post from 5 Orange Potatoes. 5OP used glitter glue in her project. We didn't have any so we used my favorite Mod Podge.
I taped down a piece of contact paper shiny side up on a old board. Because this takes forever to dry you are going to need to move it somewhere out of reach of toddlers to dry. Mine ended up with a few curious fingers in it. I began with gluing down a piece of tissue to make the entire piece stronger and to hold the flower together. Next I glued down the flower (pieces of toilet paper tube.) Lu and I filled the openings of the flowers with Mod Podge. Then the fun part, Lu sprinkled in beads and sequins. This took three days to dry and as you can see from the picture was not fully dry by photo time. The glue turns from opaque to somewhat clear. When dry peel off plastic and trim tissue paper backing. I glue a ribbon to the top two petals to make a hanger.