Gumball Machines

Emme was wearing her favorite shirt today. She calls it her bubble shirt. Since she loves the shirt so much and we are currently trying to teach her her colors...I thought why not use something she loves to reinforce teaching her colors.

Having just used contact paper in the fish bowl project I knew this would be a simple way to execute the gum ball machine.

As she placed the bubbles on the contact paper I asked her what color they were. I helped her with the colors she didn't know. We will hang this where we can review the colors with her. Lulu wanted to get in on the action so she made a red one.






Emme protested having her picture being taken...you can see the inspiration for the project behind the sass!




Supplies: contact paper, construction paper in various colors, scissors, & glue

Measure out your contact paper by using a medium size bowl for your circle. Make sure 2 of your circles fit across the contact paper if you plan on folding in half. If you are making a large one (would be cute for a classroom) plan on cutting out 2 large pieces. Cut out your bubble gum circles. Use a bottle cap as a template if you need to. Cut out your base and top. You could add numbers to the bubble gum circles to extend the learning.



Tip: cover the half you will be folding over with the contact paper backing you already peeled off. This way your child will have a better sense of where they should place their bubble gum circles.



After your bubbles are sealed into the contact paper - trace a circle using a permanent marker. Cut out.



Again, Emme, refused to join in the picture...it has been one of those days. At least she had fun making it and was very angry to have it taken away from her for this photo. As you can imagine, it was quickly returned to her!

15 comments:

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

Hahaha! That pic of Emme is so cute, even if she doesn't like getting her photo taken! Love the gumball machine idea... so creative and fun! We have lots of clear contact paper around here, so I'm sure we'll be doing this!

Morgan said...

That is very cute! We have some contact paper lying around, so we might have to try that later today!

Jennifer said...

That is just too darn cute!!

Cindy said...

You really do have the best ideas. I love them all.

Ariana Sullivan said...

That's such a cute idea! I love how they turned out.

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

Aww, that is so cute! I'll be linking.

Clemencia said...

I love your blog, thanks for sharing such awesome ideas. I have an award for you here...http://storytime-storytime.blogspot.com/2009/07/honest-scrap-award-for-me.html

MaryAnne said...

These are cute! I have a bunch of contact paper I use for laminating; I need to start using it in crafts more.

Preschool Playbook said...

This is such a neat idea. I think children would find this so fun and what a great way to reinforce the colors.

Katie said...

Why oh why didn't you do this BEFORE we did the letter G! It's too cute and I love the color tie in. I had no idea contact paper was so great, what a nice alternative to laminating...and cheaper too.

Bobbi & Noe said...

What a cute project?! You are so creative!

TwoHeartsTogether said...

what a cute craft! I would have never thought to make that, LOVE IT!

Samantha at TwoHeartsTogether
www.twoheartstogether.com

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Oh this is adorable!! I really love it.

Anjeanette

Best Craft Blog said...

This is so cute. I am thinking about doing something similar for the quiet book I am working on...very inspirational!

anne

Anonymous said...

Purchasing memory cards is such a big hassle... You have to search online for prices, filter through which ones are genuine, visit a bunch of stores,compare prices, finally buy your memory, and then fervently pray that the price doesn't drop in the next two weeks or so.

I've been done in by rapid price drops in the past... especially this one time when I bought a Micro SD for my DS flashcard at what I thought was a steal, only to later see that it fell five bucks in a week's time.

(Posted on Nintendo DS running [url=http://knol.google.com/k/anonymous/-/9v7ff0hnkzef/1]R4i[/url] InterPost)

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs