Freezer Paper T-Shirt Stencils

Hello! My post is up for real this time! Today I am one of the Craft Contributers at Grown In My Heart. Come on by and visit me there! I give you step by step instructions on how to make a cute Birthplace or Home State Freezer Paper Stencil T-Shirt. Be sure to leave a comment and let me know you stopped by! I loved all of your comments last week! Thanks! Below is a sneak peak!



The shirt I made for Emme, a silhouette of South Korea. The Red sequin shows where Emme was born.

Freezer Paper Stencils are great for any design. I also made this Tinkerbell for Lulu. Using an old party decoration.



7 comments:

Amy said...

That is so cool. Off to check out more.

Crystal said...

Cute idea. I really like the Tinkerbell shirt. Smart using an old party decoration as a pattern.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

I've never tried freezer paper stencils, but I've been meaning to... your turned out beautifully! Love the idea of a birth place or home state shirt. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I'm a novice, so this may sound stupid, but...

what do you use to cut such detail in the freezer paper? Any kind of special scissors? An exacto knife?

Mama King said...

Hi Anonymous - I am sorry that the full post is not up. I am a little frustrated. The directions how to do it are suppose to be up at the Grown In My heart Blog but are not up still! Here is a brief description.

1. Trace image onto Freezer Paper (Reynolds)
2. Using an excato knife cut out image. Make sure you are cutting our on cutting board or old piece of cardboard.
3. Slip a piece of Freezer Paper inside the shirt. Iron in place. This helps the t-shirt material not move around so much. Next Iron design onto shirt.
4. Using fabric paint and a foam brush paint gently from the outside in. This will help preserve all your edge details.
5. Follow drying time direction. Iron to set.

Hope this helps! Thanks for stopping by! Mama K

MaryAnne said...

I'm glad my incompetence with the web isn't the only reason I couldn't find your post on the other site...

Anyhow, I think these turned out great, freezer stencils are on my list of things to try at some point, not sure when but they always look cool and your Tinkerbell especially is one of my favorites.

Jedda said...

well done! I'm excited to try it out!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs