Finished Treasure Box

We finally finished our treasure box. It instantly got turned into a My Pretty Pony carrying case and stage. According to Lu the ponies love to perform -- so there you go.

I glue gunned a ribbon onto the flap as the closure. I had some magnetic backing from a cheap refrigerator frame that the plastic ripped. I glued a strip of it onto the ribbon and then a strip onto the top of the box. A simple magnetic closure. Easy for a toddler to open and close. I left about a half an inch of ribbon over hang to make it easier for little hands to grab hold of the ribbon. See picture.

To see the original post click here.


It is hard to believe this box started out looking like this.







8 comments:

♥ meninheira ♥ said...

Ohhhhhhhhh I love it!!

Beth- the mama bee said...

I bet our ponies will be jealous now....

Ticia said...

Super duper cute!

Heidi @ Happiness is Homemade said...

What a cute box! We got Lulu's letter from the letter swap, and we posted about it: http://kundinfamily.blogspot.com/2009/07/letter-swap-new-jersey.html

Lulu's letter is finally on its way to you too. It took me DAYS to convince Sawyer that we needed to send it - he kept making more things saying "this is for Lulu too" before I finally had to cut him off and just send it off lol :)

Katie said...

Love it! Our little Pony lover would be jealous if I showed her that adorable stable/show stage.
Very cute.

Valerie @ Frugal Family Fun Blog said...

This is great, and I'm sure Lu is thrilled to have such a special place for her ponies!! I'm looking forward to checking out the wallet for felt pieces... sounds like a great idea, and I love how you put your own twist to the crayon wallet! Thanks so much for the link!!

***Sharon*** said...

Those darn ponies are so lucky! :) And I love how you once again were able to use a Korean nori box for something so creative!

Amy said...

That turned out great...

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs