Paper Plate Flower Head Band

Here is a quick simple craft to do with the little ones. We were inspired by Katie's daughter from Katie's Nesting Spot. She and her friends were wearing the cutest flower headbands.
Here is my take on a flower head band using a paper plate and some card stock. Take a paper plate, fold in half, cut out head shape, unfold and check for fit on your kiddos head, adjust by trimming some more. (I should have cut more of the paper plate on mine -- Lu didn't want me to change it. As long as she likes it!) Cut out petal shapes. Glue on to backside of head piece. **the bottom side of the plate should face front. So - decorate the bottom of plate not the top (concave part.) Let glue fully dry (hot glue gun works well if you want to move this along.) Decorate by coloring, painting, gluing on embellishments...

I think this would work well for Thanksgiving! Looks like back side of a turkey!

3 comments:

Katie said...

How fun, I was so curious when you emailed about a project inspired by ER! I like your so much, how fun to get them involving in making it. It would be really fun for Thanksgiving!

Heather said...

So sweet, I LOVE it!!! ;-)

dongdong said...

that is really cute and sweet.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs